Is there any solution, or even work on, limiting which keys gets forwarded where?

hubert depesz lubaczewski depesz at depesz.com
Wed Oct 21 01:00:02 AEDT 2015

On Tue, Oct 20, 2015 at 09:33:46AM -0400, Daniel Kahn Gillmor wrote:
> On Tue 2015-10-20 03:08:11 -0400, hubert depesz lubaczewski wrote:
> > If I run tmux locally, and my network connection dies, then I lose what
> > I was doing on remote host.
> > Tmux is there to protect me from losing work (let's say, in the middle
> > of datbase upgrade) due to network issues).
>
> if you want that kind of protection, run tmux (or GNU screen) on the
> remote host itself.  that will protect you from outages on the jumphost
> as well.

That's not an option, since I usually work on multiple hosts behind
single jump host at once.
Anyway - I need agent forwarding, and from what I gather - there is no
solution, or work on solution, that would allow me to limit which keys
gets forwarded. That's fine, really (kindof, but it's better to know
that there is no such thing than spend hours hunting for something that
just doesn't exist).

depesz