Fwd: Small fixes for ssh.1 and ssh_config.5, OpenSSH_7.2p2

Steffen Nurpmeso steffen at sdaoden.eu
Fri Apr 1 23:46:23 AEDT 2016

hans <hans at stare.cz> wrote:
 |On Mar 31 21:24:57, steffen at sdaoden.eu wrote:
 |>        PermitLocalCommand
 |>               Allow  local  command  execution  via the LocalComman\
 |>               d option or
 |>               using the ! Ns command escape sequence in ssh(1).  Th\
 |>               e  argument
 |>               must be ``yes'' or ``no''.  The default is ``no''.
 |
 |This is what I see:

If i could read "the ! King command" it would be fine by me.
Ns is not acceptable.

 |What system are you on and which man(7) formatter does your man(1) use?

It is groff.  It is mandoc as of CVS.  It is Linux and FreeBSD,
up-to-date.
What i wasn't sure about, is wether in "!\& Ns" the "\&" should
really escape the following Ns macro or not.  I.e., wether that
was also a bug in mdoc(7) parsing or not.  Ingo said it's not.
(The mdoc(7) macro expand such things recursive.)

 |> If i type "zcat /usr/share/man/man5/ssh_config.5.gz|mandoc|v"
 |> i see ... the very same!
 |
 |What is 'v'?

  v='LESS= less --RAW-CONTROL-CHARS --ignore-case --no-init --quit-if-one-screen'

 |> Just feeding animals in the zoo.  And then home.
 |
 |Ah. I should have known better.

Yeah, but no meat a.k.a. cut corpses.  Not imprisoned but free.
Only vegetarian stuff.

--steffen