krb5support missing in Makefile when configuring --with-krb5=<pathtokrb5> required by newer krb5 versions

rl rainer.laatsch at t-online.de
Mon Aug 29 22:10:45 AEST 2016

I reported the missing -lkrb5support in the output of
krb5-config --libs
as a bug to krb5-bugs at mit.edu

with this explanation:

The missing -lkrb5support shows up in trying to compile openssh-7.3p1
which uses 'krb5-config --libs' in the configure script to get at the
krb5 libraries. So it does not compile.

On 08/28/16 00:58, Darren Tucker wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 26, 2016 at 10:02 PM, rainer.laatsch
> <rainer.laatsch at t-online.de> wrote:
>> See subject. Am I missing here something or is it a bug?
>
> Yes, you are missing any information that would allow someone else to
> help figure this out, including OpenSSH version, platform, compiler
> version, Kerberos implementation and version, what flags you gave to
> configure and what it did or did not do.

Darren, I will send you the full bug report with more information
about versions and flags.

Best regards
Rainer