Test Status OpenSSH 7.1 P2 on HPE NSE

Randall S. Becker rsbecker at nexbridge.com
Wed Feb 10 08:08:49 AEDT 2016

Hi All,

Just reporting in on how testing has gone. After reducing obs to 32k max and
banners to a max of 10000, plus some minor platform changes - root is not 0,
for example, all normal tests have passed except for:

multiplex - hangs at the end of this output. We had a similar issue that
single reads of data were not working in dd but that does not seem to be the
case in this test suite.
	test connection multiplexing: envpass
	environment not found
	test connection multiplexing: transfer
	Binary files /home/git/openssh-portable/regress/data and
/home/git/openssh-portable/regress/copy differ
	ssh -Sctl: corrupted copy of /home/git/openssh-portable/regress/data
	Binary files /home/git/openssh-portable/regress/data and
/home/git/openssh-portable/regress/copy differ
	ssh -S ctl: corrupted copy of
/home/git/openssh-portable/regress/data
keys-command (nothing really apparent that I can find in the logs)
	AuthorizedKeysCommand with arguments
	connect failed
	AuthorizedKeysCommand without arguments
	connect failed
integrity (a sample... pretty much all of the tests do this)
	test integrity: hmac-sha1 @2900
	unexpected error mac hmac-sha1 at 2900: Bytes per second: sent
40854.2, received 34836.9.
principals-command (a sample. Every 3 to 5 executions fail. Nothing apparent
the logs as to why. Could this be a timing issue on recycling ports?).
	authorized principals command: privsep yes empty
authorized_principals
	authorized principals command: privsep yes wrong
authorized_principals
	authorized principals command: privsep yes correct
authorized_principals
	ssh cert connect failed

The build did not use any pthreads, and used c89. Unfortunately, the logs
were not particularly helpful identifying why there were issues. I am not
sure we can deploy the code at this stage, although it does work for the
most of the pretty normal things I need to do. Anyone have any advice?

Cheers,
Randall
-- Brief whoami: NonStop&UNIX developer since approximately
UNIX(421664400)/NonStop(211288444200000000)
-- In my real life, I talk too much.