Test Status OpenSSH 7.1 P2 on HPE NSE

Randall S. Becker rsbecker at nexbridge.com
Wed Feb 10 09:41:20 AEDT 2016

On February 9, 2016 5:28 PM Darren Tucker wrote:

> On Wed, Feb 10, 2016 at 8:08 AM, Randall S. Becker
> <rsbecker at nexbridge.com> wrote:
> > Hi All,
> >
> > Just reporting in on how testing has gone. After reducing obs to 32k
> > max and banners to a max of 10000, plus some minor platform changes -
> > root is not 0, for example, all normal tests have passed except for:
>
> Did you need to make any code changes?  If so, what?

I only changed regress/transfer.sh:
-       for s in 10 100 1k 32k 64k 128k 256k; do
+       for s in 10 100 1k 32k ; do
and regress/banner.sh
-for s in 0 10 100 1000 10000 100000 ; do
+for s in 0 10 100 1000 10000 ; do

> > multiplex - hangs at the end of this output. We had a similar issue
> > that single reads of data were not working in dd but that does not
> > seem to be the case in this test suite.
> >         test connection multiplexing: envpass
> >         environment not found
> >         test connection multiplexing: transfer
> >         Binary files /home/git/openssh-portable/regress/data and
> > /home/git/openssh-portable/regress/copy differ
> >         ssh -Sctl: corrupted copy of /home/git/openssh-portable/regress/data
> >         Binary files /home/git/openssh-portable/regress/data and
> > /home/git/openssh-portable/regress/copy differ
>
> These tests are for ControlMaster and requires descriptor passing over Unix
> domain sockets to work.  Does you platform have that?

It does, however I think there are setup requirements on the sockets that are not covered and are different on the platform. If you could point me at the setup code, I can check it and/or make it work.

> [...]
> >         AuthorizedKeysCommand with arguments
> >         connect failed
> >         AuthorizedKeysCommand without arguments
> >         connect failed
>
> These ones might be port reuse or race conditions.  the failed-ssh.log and
> failed-sshd.log should say why the connect failed.

I will post this as a separate thread.

> > integrity (a sample... pretty much all of the tests do this)
> >         test integrity: hmac-sha1 @2900
> >         unexpected error mac hmac-sha1 at 2900: Bytes per second: sent
> > 40854.2, received 34836.9.
> > principals-command (a sample. Every 3 to 5 executions fail. Nothing
> > apparent the logs as to why. Could this be a timing issue on recycling
> ports?).
>
> The integrity test failures aren't due to TCP port recycling because they run
> sshd via a proxycommand and does not depend on TCP ports.  It does
> depend somewhat on what ciphers and macs are offered because those
> banners affect how many bytes are on the wire before the encrypted traffic
> starts.  These lists of ciphers are macs are in the debug logs which you are yet
> to share.
>
> >         authorized principals command: privsep yes empty
> > authorized_principals
> >         authorized principals command: privsep yes wrong
> > authorized_principals
> >         authorized principals command: privsep yes correct
> > authorized_principals
> >         ssh cert connect failed

I will gather up the logs and share them as a separate thread. I assume plain text is ok.

> > The build did not use any pthreads, and used c89. Unfortunately, the
> > logs were not particularly helpful identifying why there were issues.
>
> You keep saying that but don't show them.  We might be able to make
> something out of them if we can see them.

Will share later today or tomorrow ($DAYJOB calls). Thanks Darren.

Cheers,
Randall