Call for testing: OpenSSH 7.2

Darren Tucker dtucker at zip.com.au
Thu Feb 18 10:22:09 AEDT 2016

On Thu, Feb 18, 2016 at 9:31 AM, Damien Miller <djm at mindrot.org> wrote:
> On Wed, 17 Feb 2016, Alex Wilson wrote:
>
>> On 2/17/16 2:04 PM, Alex Wilson wrote:
>> > I've attached a patch...
>> >

>> Also at
>>
>> https://us-east.manta.joyent.com/arekinath/public/openssh-wip-fix-for-sol10-privs.patch
>>
>> If you are having trouble getting the patch out of the email.
>>
>> Also, as for Damien's patch, you will want to regenerate configure etc.
>> This doesn't go on top of his suggestion (I don't want to just disable
>> this new code for Solaris 10 if possible, it would be better to fix it
>> up so that you can have sandbox support as well)
>
> I don't have any Solaris systems around to test, so I'm pretty much flying
> blind. I'd love to be able to ship something that works for both 10 and 11
> though, so if you are both able to come up with a patch including the
> autoconf gunk that works then I'll get it committed.

I do have a SPARC I can blow the dust off and test with so I'll take a
look at this one.

After a quick look at the patch, I'm wondering if it could be
simplified by adding an implementation of priv_basicset inside #ifndef
HAVE_PRIV_BASICSET and doing away with the inline ifdefs?

--
Darren Tucker (dtucker at zip.com.au)
usually comes from bad judgement.