Call for testing: OpenSSH 7.2

Carson Gaspar carson at taltos.org
Fri Feb 19 07:20:08 AEDT 2016

On 2/17/16 6:29 PM, Darren Tucker wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 18, 2016 at 1:14 PM, Carson Gaspar <carson at taltos.org> wrote:

>> What is agent.sh doing that's trying to invoke sudo with no tty? The failure
>> is easily repeatable, and I doubt it's Solaris specific...
>
> When SUDO is set, test-exec runs sshd as root.  I'm not sure which
> specific thing it's complaining about, though.  You could try putting
> "set -x" in test-exec.sh and see what it's doing around the time of
> the error.  My guess is that it's when ssh is trying to run sshd as a
> proxycommand:
>
> [...[] proxycommand ${SUDO} sh ${SRC}/sshd-log-wrapper.sh
> ${TEST_SSHD_LOGFILE} ${SSHD} -i -f $OBJ/sshd_proxy

The actual failure is in:

++ /home/carson/openssh-git/regress/ssh-log-wrapper.sh -A -2 -F
/home/carson/openssh-git/regress/ssh_proxy somehost
'/home/carson/openssh-git/regress/ssh-log-wrapper.sh -2 -F
/home/carson/openssh-git/regress/ssh_proxy somehost exit 52'
sudo: no tty present and no askpass program specified

My sudo has tty tickets enabled, so I had to go the NOPASSWD route :-(

Once I did, all tests pass on Sol 10.

--
Carson