libcrypto.so is missing on running sftp-server

Ran Shalit ranshalit at gmail.com
Sun Jan 24 22:05:53 AEDT 2016

Hello,

I've cross compiled openssh, openssl, and zlib
But on trying to run stfp-server with
/libexec/sftp-server
I get the following error:
 error while loading shared libraries: libcrypto.so.1.0.0: cannot open

On checking openssl installed files, I see that it created
/lib/libcrypto.a but not libcrypto.so

This is the configure I used:
./Configure shared dist --prefix=/home/ubuntu/openssh/openssl
Trying to add "shared" option did not help.

I hope someone can help me understand what is twrong with the build I've done.

I've used the following steps for the build process:

Build Zlib:

    cd zlib-1.2.7
    CC=arm-linux-gnueabi-gcc
    ./configure --prefix=$HOME/zlibArm
    make
    make install

Build OpenSSL:

    export cross=arm-linux-gnueabi-
    cd openssl-1.0.1c
    ./Configure dist --prefix=$HOME/opensslArm
    make CC="${cross}gcc" AR="${cross}ar r" RANLIB="${cross}ranlib"
    make install

Build OpenSSH:

    ./configure --host=arm-linux --with-libs --with-zlib=$HOME/zlibArm
--with-ssl-dir=$HOME/opensslArm --disable-etc-default-login
CC=gcc-arm-linux-gnueabi-gcc AR=gcc-arm-linux-gnueabi-ar
    make

Thank you!
Ran