SSH crash on OpenBSD (pledge related?)

Valentin Kozamernik tin at komna.com
Sat Jul 23 04:32:51 AEST 2016

Hello,

I just ran upon this problem and couldn't find it in bugzilla.

SSH crashes (abort trap) if all of the following conditions are met:

  (a) option -f is used (crash happens when going to background),
  (b) reverse port forwarding is set up (option -R),
  (c) option ExitOnForwardFailure is enabled,
  (d) there are no actual port-forwarding failures.

The problem can be reproduced by running this command:

  ssh -f -N -R 1234:[::1]:4321 -o ExitOnForwardFailure=yes ::1

Repeatable every time at least on OpenBSD 5.9 and the latest snapshot
(July 17th), on amd64/bsd.mp using default installation.

Please CC me any replies as I'm not subscribed to this mailing list.

Tin

--
Valentin Kozamernik
Ljubljana, Slovenia

Phone: +386 41 35 40 99
PGP:   2D34 9133 0B9D 1EEA 83E7  0298 60B7 D121 5682 2AA9