Call for testing: OpenSSH 7.3

Darren Tucker dtucker at zip.com.au
Sat Jul 23 19:58:38 AEST 2016

On Sat, Jul 23, 2016 at 2:45 AM, Corinna Vinschen <vinschen at redhat.com> wrote:
> On Jul 22 23:32, Darren Tucker wrote:
>> On Fri, Jul 22, 2016 at 10:18 PM, Corinna Vinschen <vinschen at redhat.com> wrote:
>> [...]
>> > Hmm.  If that only affects Cygwin, and if defines.h is not synced anyway,
>> > what about getting rid of the configure stuff entirely?
>> >
>> > Tested counterproposal:

I've committed this.

I'll look at the other changes after the release.

[...]
> As has been discussed more than once on this list, Cygwin^WWindows isn't
> the only OS allowing more than a single administrativ account.
> Alternatively the system supports fine-grained account-based permissions
> or per-executable capabilities.

Agreed, capabilities is what I was thinking of when I replied.

[...]
> Checking for uid 0 only makes limited sense, and only on very
> traditional UNIX systems.

In its defense, I suspect that's all it ran on at the time it was written.

Thanks.

--
Darren Tucker (dtucker at zip.com.au)
GPG key 11EAA6FA / A86E 3E07 5B19 5880 E860  37F4 9357 ECEF 11EA A6FA (new)