Announce: OpenSSH 7.2 released

Corinna Vinschen vinschen at redhat.com
Thu Mar 3 07:00:12 AEDT 2016

On Feb 28 19:12, Damien Miller wrote:
> OpenSSH 7.2 has just been released. It will be available from the
> mirrors listed at http://www.openssh.com/ shortly.
>
> OpenSSH is a 100% complete SSH protocol 2.0 implementation and
> includes sftp client and server support. OpenSSH also includes
> transitional support for the legacy SSH 1.3 and 1.5 protocols
> that may be enabled at compile-time.
>
> Once again, we would like to thank the OpenSSH community for their
> continued support of the project, especially those who contributed
> code or patches, reported bugs, tested snapshots or donated to the
> project. More information on donations may be found at:
> http://www.openssh.com/donations.html

There's a backward incompatible change in this release which is not
mentioned in the release notes.  The slogin symlink as well as the
slogin.1 man page are not created anymore by the Makefile.

This change potentially breaks lots and lots of aliases, shell scripts,
and GUI keyboard shortcuts.

Corinna

--
Corinna Vinschen