OpenSSH 7.2 slogin not removed from openssh.spec

Corinna Vinschen vinschen at redhat.com
Tue Mar 15 04:06:23 AEDT 2016

On Mar 14 16:52, Robert Moucha wrote:
> It appears that the redhat/openssh.spec has not been updated to account for the removal of slogin from the build. This breaks rpmbuild.
> Specifically lines 361 and 362 still have the following:
>

> %attr(-,root,root) %{_bindir}/slogin
>
> %attr(-,root,root) %{_mandir}/man1/slogin.1*

IMHO the right thing to do is to revert the patch removing the symlinks.
I can't think of any good reason to break backward compatibility with
existing installations.

The Cygwin and Fedora distros now maintain fixed spec files creating
the symlinks by themselves for the time being.

Corinna

--
Corinna Vinschen
Cygwin Maintainer