ssh-copy-id no newline bug

Gert Doering gert at greenie.muc.de
Tue Mar 22 19:31:11 AEDT 2016

Hi,

On Tue, Mar 22, 2016 at 09:17:21AM +0100, Philip Hands wrote:
> The test gets the last character of the file, and puts it in quotes
> after removing new-lines -- which basically means that test fails if
> there's a newline there, or if the file's empty, since that gives you:
>
>  [ "" ]

Thanks, I learned something new today - from "man test":

     string        True if string is not the null string.

... never really noticed this line in 20+ years of shell scripting :-)

To add some useful content - I've checked the oldest (and most exotic)
systems I have around, and both SCO Open Server 5.0 and AIX document
the same thing, so it should be truly portable.

gert

                                                           //www.muc.de/~gert/
fax: +49-89-35655025                        gert at net.informatik.tu-muenchen.de