OpenSSL 1.1.0 support

Michael Stone mstone at mathom.us
Thu Nov 3 10:35:04 AEDT 2016

On Thu, Nov 03, 2016 at 09:33:23AM +1100, Damien Miller wrote:
>It's disappointing though that OpenSSL didn't see fit to write their own
>set of 1.0.x->1.1.x API shims and ship it alongside 1.0.x releases. It
>would have made the transition easier for everyone I think.

Given how much flack they got from various quarters, including in
particular the libressl folks, for carrying "too much legacy baggage"
that would have ironic if nothing else.

All that aside, I'm not entirely clear on why there's a pressing need to
link openssh against openssl 1.1 instead of just linking it to 1.0;
1.0.2 is actually scheduled to be supported for longer than 1.1.0.

Mike Stone