one host only: ssh_dispatch_run_fatal

Darren Tucker dtucker at zip.com.au
Wed Nov 9 09:01:29 AEDT 2016

On Wed, Nov 9, 2016 at 12:02 AM, Harry Putnam <reader at newsguy.com> wrote:
> Darren Tucker <dtucker at zip.com.au> writes:
[...]
>> Can you tell me more about the server?  You said it's Solaris, but is
>> it SPARC or x86?  What OpenSSL version is it?
> uname -a SunOS 2x 5.11 oi_151a9 i86pc i386 i86pc
[...]
> Running OpenSSH_6.6, OpenSSL 1.0.1u  22 Sep 2016.

I built my 6.6p1 with OpenSSL 1.0.1u but still failed to reproduce the problem.

> Provided from the OpenCSW project that builds some solaris pkgs.
>
> The last line of sshd_config must be the killer:
>   `kexAlgorithms diffie-hellman-group-exchange-sha1'

diffie-hellman-group-exchange-sha1 is one of the oldest kex methods
(>10 years) so I'm surprised that it is related to the problem.

There's still a problem in there somewhere, but at this stage I have
no idea where it is (openssh, openssl, libraries, compiler,
toolchain...)

--
Darren Tucker (dtucker at zip.com.au)
GPG key 11EAA6FA / A86E 3E07 5B19 5880 E860  37F4 9357 ECEF 11EA A6FA (new)