OpenSSL 1.1.0 support

Jakub Jelen jjelen at redhat.com
Tue Nov 15 19:15:31 AEDT 2016

On 11/15/2016 12:02 AM, Damien Miller wrote:
> On Mon, 14 Nov 2016, Jakub Jelen wrote:
>
>> Thank you for the comments. I understand the upstream directions and
>> that the OpenSSL step is not ideal. The distros will probably have to
>> carry these patches until the changes will settle down a bit.
> AFAIK Red Hat employs at least one OpenSSL maintainer. What is their
> view on this situation?

Yes, you got a message off-the-list from Tomas Mraz, our OpenSSL
maintainer, one week ago. The OpenSSL certainly wants to resolve these
issues from their side (compat library in addition to 1.0.2 from OpenSSL
side). But that will not help us with compatibility against LibreSSL if
I see right.

Regards,

--
Jakub Jelen