Inconsistency between legacy and release notes?

Pedro Melo melo at simplicidade.org
Thu Nov 24 04:37:22 AEDT 2016

Hi,

Someone told me that DSA keys were being deprecated with OpenSSH 7.0. The only reference I could find about this topic on openSSH site is on the legacy page:

“OpenSSH 7.0 and greater similarly disable the ssh-dss (DSA) public key algorithm. It too is weak and we recommend against its use.”

There is no explanation about the weakness. But more than that, I could not find any mention of this deprecation on OpenSSH 7.0, 7.1, 7.2 and 7.3 release notes.

So my question is: are DSA keys really deprecated?

Thank you in advance,

--

Pedro Melo

melo at simplicidade.org (e-mail, SIP, XMPP)