sshd custom shell script for specifc user

Darren Tucker dtucker at zip.com.au
Wed Feb 1 08:56:04 AEDT 2017

On Wed, Feb 1, 2017 at 6:05 AM, Sudarshan Soma <sudarshan12s at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Darren,  the clients config would need customer to change firewall
> settings to allow 1023 port.

Not in the configuration I proposed: the first ssh command runs the
second to connect to the server so you'd end up with TCP connections
client -> server:22 and server ->server:1023 and an end-to-end ssh
connection from the client to the sshd on port 1023.

> ssh admin at 127.0.0.1 -p 1023 should work. I have shared sshd logs , can you
> see if it gives hint on why reading passwd happens in sshd side and echo and
> read for user happens at client side.

Looking at the debug log I think it might be a bug in sshd.  The log
says it's 6.6, which is a few years old.  Is it an unmodified version
built from the source from openssh.com, and does the current release
(7.4) do the same thing?

--
Darren Tucker (dtucker at zip.com.au)
GPG key 11EAA6FA / A86E 3E07 5B19 5880 E860  37F4 9357 ECEF 11EA A6FA (new)