compilation errors on master

Cristian Ionescu-Idbohrn cristian.ionescu-idbohrn at axis.com
Sat Feb 4 04:56:41 AEDT 2017

On Fri, 3 Feb 2017, Scott Neugroschl wrote:

> It looks to me like you're building against OpenSSL 1.1.0.  This
> won't work.  You need 1.0.2 or earlier.  The OpenSSL guys changed
> the API on 1.1.0.

Yes, when I look closer :)

checking OpenSSL header version... 1010003f (OpenSSL 1.1.0c  10 Nov 2016)
checking OpenSSL library version... 1010003f (OpenSSL 1.1.0c  10 Nov 2016)

I guess I was expecting ./configure to err out or at least warn about
that and/or "OpenSSH has been configured with the following options:"
would display the openssl version. That would help.

I see there's a guard for lowest possible version, but not the higest.
This is a debian box.  I see:

	libssl1.0.0:amd64
	libssl1.0.2:amd64
	libssl1.1:amd64

installed.  How does one go about to tell ./configure what to choose?
I looked through, but couldn't find info on a clean way to do that :(

Cheers,

--
Cristian