^C doesnt work on ssh session

Darren Tucker dtucker at zip.com.au
Wed Jan 18 08:39:28 AEDT 2017

On Wed, Jan 18, 2017 at 5:10 AM, Sudarshan Soma <sudarshan12s at gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks Ben. i am checking in linux.
> I do have this command working:
> ssh localhost -o password=abc123

That's definitely a modified ssh binary.

> will try  to getback on openssh used. But is it possible to show some
> pointers for my queries, avoid arguments in ps or /proc

I don't think you reliably can.

You can add a call to setproctitle() to ssh but I don't think that
affects all sets of options to ps, and even if it did there's still a
race between when the process starts and when you call setproctitle
during which the password is exposed.

So don't do that, instead use public-key, or if you must use a
password read it from a suitably locked down file.  You can (with some
difficulty) get ssh to read a password via an $SSH_ASKPASS program.

> and other one was on ^C not working on my ssh sessions.

just a guess but check the permissions on /dev/tty on the server.
They should look like:
crw-rw-rw- 1 root tty 5, 0 Jan 17 19:34 /dev/tty

Failing that please post the debug output of ssh -vvv and sshd -ddd
from an unmodified (ie as available from openssh.com) client and
server pair.

--
Darren Tucker (dtucker at zip.com.au)
GPG key 11EAA6FA / A86E 3E07 5B19 5880 E860  37F4 9357 ECEF 11EA A6FA (new)