Need information to bypass the preauth in openssh

Douglas E Engert deengert at gmail.com
Thu Jan 26 00:23:54 AEDT 2017

On 1/25/2017 12:58 AM, Vishwanath KC wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Unfortunately we are not using NSS and LDAP. We are using only Tacacs
> server.
> The authentication needs to be done only via password.
> So please let me know how i can proceed on this.

The NSS people are referring to is not the Mozilla NSS, but the linux nssswitch
functionality.

Googling for combinations of: TACCS+ SSH NSS PAM indicates others over the
years have asked similar questions with mixed results.

Thee might be helpful:

https://github.com/jeroennijhof/pam_tacplus/
https://github.com/benschumacher/nss_tacplus
http://ftp.thinklogical.com/ftp/SCS/doc/pam_tacacs/nss-tacplus-HOWTO