ssh connection in user profile

Reuti reuti at staff.uni-marburg.de
Tue Jul 18 23:44:48 AEST 2017

Hi,

> Am 08.07.2017 um 18:46 schrieb Sudarshan Soma <sudarshan12s at gmail.com>:
>
> Hi ,
> I am doing the following in /etc/passwd
>
> testuser::1003:1003:Linux User,,,:/home/testuser:/etc/testuserprofile
>

> cat /etc/testuserprofile
> #!/bin/bash
> ssh  otheruser at 10.2.12.12 -p 2024
> exit
>

> when i try ssh testuser at ip from laptop, password is not prompted.
>
> when i run sshd in debug mode, I see password for otheruser is prompted on
> server side not on laptop, why does it happen. Please confirm if there is a
> workaround or its not supported.

So, the goal is to have a user account on a server which will have a fixed command (as shell) to connect to another machine?

There are options like ForceCommand on the server side or ProxyCommand on the client side to forward logins to a target machine (like in case of a central gateway machine where you have to login first to reach the target server).

-- Reuti