select() is not called properly in ssh_exchange_identification()

Balu Gajjala bagajjal at microsoft.com
Wed May 31 08:33:53 AEST 2017

Hi,

I found an issue with select() not called properly in the ssh_exchange_identification().

Variable "fdset" is passed as readfd, exceptionfd to the select().
Select() should be called with independent fdset so we should have two different variables instead of reusing the same variable "fdset".
Here is the code snippet. The reported issue is in line 566, 567.

Please let me know the procedure to create an official bug.

[cid:image001.png at 01D2D95A.23728F00]

Thanks,
Balu