Is it good for agent forwarding to creates socket in /tmp/

tran dung trandung0101 at gmail.com
Thu Nov 2 14:31:09 AEDT 2017

Hi Alexander Wuerstlein

Thank for the information.

Now I agree that it's better to save the socket in /tmp/
I checked the source code and found that it is hard-coded.
        /* Allocate a buffer for the socket name, and format the name. */
        auth_sock_dir = xstrdup("/tmp/ssh-XXXXXXXXXX");
It would be nice if openssh provides an option to overwrite this default.

Regards
Tran

Best Regards
Tran Van Dung