Tag forwarded X11 connection as remote

Michal Srb msrb at suse.com
Fri Oct 6 18:44:03 AEDT 2017

On pátek 6. října 2017 4:47:06 CEST Damien Miller wrote:
> Is it too late to make the DRI3 developers adjust their protocol to degrade
> gracefully?

I am not sure, but I think it would be already able to degrade if it was able
to detect error. But from what I observed, after X server (successfully) sends
the file descriptor, no more data gets thru. So the X client (application)
just waits indefinitely.

> Is there any lightweight way (i.e. not requiring any X11 libraries) that
> the client could determine whether or not the server supports this flag?

Probably the easiest would be to probe it. It could just send the initial
request starting with 'r' or 'R' and observe whether X server accepts or
rejects the connection.

Michal Srb