Fw: the source code of OpenSSH for Windows

Damien Miller djm at mindrot.org
Tue Oct 10 07:15:24 AEDT 2017

On Mon, 9 Oct 2017, ?????? wrote:

> Hi,Dear:
>  Sorry to be a bother,I am a software developer of Huawei Technologies
> Co.Ltd in China.
>  I searched that this website:https://www.mls-software.com/opensshd.html has
> OpenSSH releases for windows.
> But,I Don't know where its source code is from.
> Is its source code the one published in website:www.openssh.com
> Is it compiled from the source code released on website www.openssh.com
> ?6?9I will be appreciated for your reply, thank ?6?9you very much!

Hi,

I don't know what source the MLS version of sshd is based on, but
the portable OpenSSH project releases source that compiles for Windows
using Cygwin: http://www.openssh.com/portable.html

Microsoft also have their own native port of OpenSSH to Windows.
Their source is at https://github.com/PowerShell/Win32-OpenSSH

Generally, we'd recommend that you use one of these over something
where there is no source available.

Cheers,
Damien