Call for testing: OpenSSH 7.6

Joseph S Testa II jtesta at positronsecurity.com
Sun Sep 24 04:04:02 AEST 2017

https://github.com/openssh/openssh-portable

 > Running the regression tests supplied with Portable OpenSSH does not
require installation and is a simply:

 > $ ./configure && make tests

I was going to try this on Kali Linux (latest version), but ran into
trouble right away.  No "configure" script exists in the Github mirror.
I fixed this by doing "autoconf && ./configure && make tests", but that
ends up failing eventually with:

[...]
checking for struct utmp.ut_line... yes
checking whether BROKEN_GETADDRINFO is declared... no
configure: creating ./config.status
config.status: creating Makefile
config.status: creating buildpkg.sh
config.status: creating opensshd.init
config.status: creating openssh.xml
config.status: creating openbsd-compat/Makefile
config.status: creating openbsd-compat/regress/Makefile
config.status: creating survey.sh
config.status: error: cannot find input file: `config.h.in'

    - Joe