DH Group Exchange Fallback

Mark D. Baushke mdb at juniper.net
Sun Sep 24 14:21:05 AEST 2017

Hi Joe,

I suggest you upgrade to a more recent edition of the OpenSSH software.
The most recent release is OpenSSH 7.5 and OpenSSH 7.6 will be released
very soon.

OpenSSH 6.6 was first released on October 6, 2014.

There have been a number of bug fixes and enhancments to
the OpenSSH software base in the past three years.

You should also take a closer look at RFC 4419. I believe you will find
that returning the biggest prime the SSH daemon knows which is larger
than the requested prime is correct. Even if it is not necessarily in
the moduli file.

	-- Mark