Call for testing: OpenSSH 7.6

Martin Hecht hecht at hlrs.de
Wed Sep 27 22:09:01 AEST 2017

all tests passed on

Ubuntu 16.04.3 LTS and
Scientific Linux release 6.9 (Carbon)

On SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 11 SP3 LTSS I had to provide a local
installation of a newer openssl. I have chosen their current LTS version
1.0.2l with shared library support enabled, and I had to tweak with
CFLAGS and LDFLAGS to pass the configure checks (otherwise, the OS
provided, heavily patched 0.9.8j-fips version was used, even when
configure was told to use the local installation via --with-ssl-dir).
Anyhow, I managed to build, but then make tests fails with:

run test agent.sh ...
ssh-add -l via agent fwd failed (exit code 255)
agent fwd failed (exit code 255)
failed simple agent test

I know it's an old distribution, but with the newer openssl installation
one would maybe expect the tests to pass.