Call for testing: OpenSSH 7.6

Darren Tucker dtucker at zip.com.au
Sat Sep 30 04:55:26 AEST 2017

On 29 September 2017 at 11:05, Iain Morgan <imorgan+openssh at nas.nasa.gov> wrote:
[...]
> This is due to my shell being csh, which is pickier about undefined
> variables than the Bourne-style shells. The attached patch fixes the
> issue.

Thanks for figuring this out.

> -       'test -z "$SSH_USER_AUTH"' || fail "SSH_USER_AUTH present"
> +       'test -z `printenv SSH_USER_AUTH`' || fail "SSH_USER_AUTH present"

Unfortunately printenv is not specified by posix (AFAICT it's a
gnuism) so that would likely break many other currently working
platforms.
Would it be possible to do something like:

 'test -z `sh -c "echo $SSH_USER_AUTH"`' || fail "SSH_USER_AUTH present"

(plus or minus some quoting, probably) ?

--
Darren Tucker (dtucker at zip.com.au)
GPG key 11EAA6FA / A86E 3E07 5B19 5880 E860  37F4 9357 ECEF 11EA A6FA (new)