OpenSSH 7.7 t1 script breakage

Randall S. Becker rsbecker at nexbridge.com
Fri Apr 13 12:24:58 AEST 2018

On April 12, 2018 9:41 PM, Nico Kadel-Garcia wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 12, 2018 at 6:29 PM, Josh Soref <jsoref at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Randall S. Becker <rsbecker at nexbridge.com> wrote:
> >

> >> -REGRESSTMP = "$(PWD)/regress"
> >> +REGRESSTMP = `pwd`
> >>
> >>  tests interop-tests t-exec unit: regress-prep regress-binaries
> >> $(TARGETS)
> >>

> > It looks like the problem is that pwd is in uppercase, not so much the
> > distinction between $() and ``.
>
> PWD is a commonly set environment variable, built into shells such as
bash,
> Changing it from "$(PWD)/regress" to `pwd` is begging for issues compiling
it
> in Windows environments, where spaces and Unicode may be in the working
> directory name.. It's also no longer setting the directory to the
"/regress"
> subdirectory, which is begging for confusion if done uncautiously.

The Makefile has large numbers of references to `pwd`. I would respectfully
suggest that this particular objection would require a more invasive bit of
work. The original test issue, however, was that the test Makefile was
receiving a value of only '/regress' when driven by bash and both gmake and
make. Putting it in quotes may be fine one Windows, but it broke the test
suite. 7.6p1 tested fine, so I have to assume the breakage was there,
especially when patched.

Cheers,
Randall