User manipulation of tty mode opcodes / IUTF8 incompatibilities

Nathan Anderson nathan at anderson-net.com
Mon Feb 12 22:34:24 AEDT 2018

On Mon, Feb 12, 2018 at 3:08 AM, Nathan Anderson
<nathan at anderson-net.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Feb 12, 2018 at 2:49 AM, Darren Tucker <dtucker at dtucker.net> wrote:
>
>> Please try this patch.
>
> Thanks.  I will do so in the next day or two and report back.

Eh, screw it.  It doesn't take that long to do and I was awake anyway.

I checked out -current, built it without the patch, and verified that
it still failed to connect to this particular server.  Then I applied
the patch, rebuilt, attempted the connection again, and it works
perfectly.  Also, -vvv results in this output, as expected:

    debug3: tty_make_modes: SSH_BUG_UTF8TTYMODE

Thanks.  If this ships in the next release and all of the platforms
that include OpenSSH as a base component adopt it quickly, I will be a
happy man. :-)

-- Nathan