Is there socksify script for dynamics forwardings to unix domain sockets?

Jö Fahlke jorrit at jorrit.de
Wed Feb 21 01:31:55 AEDT 2018

Hi!

I noticed that `ssh -D /tmp/socket $myhost` will actually provide a socks
server listing on the unix domain socket /tmp/socket (this does not appear to
be documented, though it is semi-documented for -L and -R).

Do you know of any "socksification" script to go along with it, in the spirit
of tsocks of socksify (from dante)?  Those do not seem to support socks
servers running on unix domain sockets.

My ultimate goal is to use a web browser and various impi-utilities socksified
so I can access a management network behind a login host that itself is
accessible via ssh.  Those tools only support IP-based SOCKS-servers at best.
And I'd like to not have an open SOCKS-server running on localhost, if
possible.

MfG,
Jorrit Fahlke-

--
Jorrit (Jö) Fahlke, Institute for Computational und Applied Mathematics,
University of Münster, Orleans-Ring 10, D-48149 Münster

A mathematician is a device to turn coffee into theorems.
-- Paul Erdős