RFC 8305 Happy Eyeballs in OpenSSH

Gert Doering gert at greenie.muc.de
Mon Feb 26 23:46:39 AEDT 2018

Hi,

On Mon, Feb 26, 2018 at 11:32:26AM +0000, Kim Minh Kaplan wrote:
> TL;DR: please try the patch out and report if it causes "Did not receive
> identification string" log messages.  I believe it does not.

It depends on absolute RTT to the target.  If you stay local ("< 50ms"),
the 250ms offset should reliably avoid DNIS logs.  If you happen to
connect to Australia from Europe ("200+ms RTT") the second SYN might
go out before the first handshake is done...  but that should be
a somewhat rare occurrence.

gert
--
now what should I write here...