RFC 8305 Happy Eyeballs in OpenSSH

Peter Stuge peter at stuge.se
Wed Feb 28 12:26:16 AEDT 2018

Wolfgang S Rupprecht wrote:
> Simplest would be to never abort the extra happy eyeballs before
> actually logging in or the normal ssh connection timeout.

1. What do dualstack browsers do when the second connection opens?

2. ssh could complete authentication on the second connection and
then immediately close the connection - but this would trigger many
side effects on the server, and be a nuisance at the very least;
consider when a server requires token interaction to login, and
having a sliding window with some limited number of logins per day.

I personally don't really want the client to open multiple
connections when I only specicy one server.

//Peter