Legacy option for key length?

Gert Doering gert at greenie.muc.de
Tue Jan 2 04:41:03 AEDT 2018

Hi,

On Mon, Jan 01, 2018 at 09:19:22AM -0800, Peter Moody wrote:
> > Like, "making updates, and all of a sudden, working setups stop working"?
> >
> > I *have* seen this, and usually because the vendor imported a newer version
> > of OpenSSH, which broke existing functionality :-) (like, Fortigate, which
> > all of a sudden did not authenticate users with DSA keys anymore, and no
> > mentioning of it in the release notes...).
>
> I don't doubt it.
>
> but between the openssh devs and the fortigate qa team, whose fault is this? :)

"Not mentioning the change in the release notes" - undoubtly the fortigate
QA team.

Supposedly vendors are supposed to import the latest and greatest software
all the time (your words, paraprased).  So, they did everything right here,
except for the release notes...

"Taking away functionality that results in unexpected extra work for
the admin", well, whoever removed that functionality.

gert

--
now what should I write here...