List conduct (was Re: Legacy option for key length?)

Damien Miller djm at mindrot.org
Wed Jan 3 13:18:25 AEDT 2018

On Tue, 2 Jan 2018, Cedric Blancher wrote:

> Maybe its time to have another April RFC, with ssh now as target and
> with your name on it. I'd propose to make it mandatory for all sshv2
> implementations too, and implement a 1 bit key and 1 bit password to
> make sshv2 exactly that what it has become: Broken

I've not stated this explicitly before, but since this thread has veered
into personal attack, let me be explicit now:

Abusive language, behaviour or personal attacks are not welcome on
this list and I will gleefully ban anyone who makes them.

Myself and the other OpenSSH developers are volunteers and while none of
us do it for adulation, we certainly don't do it for abuse. We can disagree
about technical matters without making it about individuals and without
being abusive.

-d