issue with openssh-server running in a libvirt based centos virtual machine

Darren Tucker dtucker at dtucker.net
Sun Jan 28 12:17:49 AEDT 2018

On 27 January 2018 at 06:50, Adrian Pascalau <adrian27oradea at gmail.com>
wrote:

> So could this be because of windows?
> I cannot suspect Putty, since I tried this with another windows based
> ssh client (MobaXterm), and the same issue happens.

It's probably not Windows per se, but rather something different about how
it behaves in that situation that is standards compliant but tickles a
pre-existing path MTU/fragmentation issue in your network. (eg maybe its
ethernet device drivers use jumbo frames by default or something).

You would be best served by finding that problem and fixing it, but you can
try working around it by reducing the MTU on either server or client.  1500
is the typical value for ethernet, I'd try 1496 (typical 802.1Q overhead,
1492 (typical PPPoE overhead) maybe 1400 and if all else fails 576 (the
minimum value the spec says an implementation should be able to handle).

--
Darren Tucker (dtucker at dtucker.net)
GPG key 11EAA6FA / A86E 3E07 5B19 5880 E860  37F4 9357 ECEF 11EA A6FA (new)