Unset a given SendEnv?

Martin Drescher drescher at snafu.de
Wed Jul 4 19:42:18 AEST 2018

Hi Damien,

let me tell you where I'm coming from: I have a bunch of machines. Sometimes, localisation is incomplete or broken or messed up in a different way. Straight way would be to unset LC_* in a remote bashrc. But this sucks, because of cloud hosting, automated deployment, IaaS... you know where I'm going.

I would like to do this in .ssh/config, per host. So, my best idea would be to put something like 'export MY_VAR=' in place. This is quite close to a 'SendEnv=-FOO' idea (or 'unset' in bash terms) but adds even more flexibility.

Am 04.07.2018 um 11:27 schrieb Damien Miller:
> On Tue, 3 Jul 2018, Martin Drescher wrote:
>
>> G'day openssh-unix-dev,
>>
>> is there a way to unset a 'SendEnv' given by /etc/ssh/ssh_config?
>
> HEAD has the ability to clear one using SendEnv=-FOO, but I'm toying
> with the idea of breaking backwards compatibility and making SendEnv
> behave like the rest of the options and be first match wins.
>
> What do you all think?
>
> -d

 Martin