Log ssh sessions using open source tools

Joseph S. Testa II jtesta at positronsecurity.com
Sun Nov 4 06:07:59 AEDT 2018

Hi Kaushal,

    I'm the author of ssh-mitm (https://github.com/jtesta/ssh-mitm),
which is a penetration testing tool for man-in-the-middling SSH connections.

    If you can ARP spoof a client (or otherwise route connections for
them), and if they ignore the changed host-key warning, then you can
record the full connection stream.  You will log their passwords as well
(it doesn't work for key authentication, though).  Full SFTP traffic is
captured too.

    It might be overkill for what you're trying to do, but I thought I'd
mention it.

    - Joe

--
Joseph S. Testa II