openssh-based file transfers (e.g. rsync, scp, ...) are running 40 (!!) times faster via IPv4 than IPv6

michaelof at rocketmail.com michaelof at rocketmail.com
Thu Nov 8 10:27:38 AEDT 2018

Philipp,

thank you so much for your valuable hints!!

BUT as this list's topic is OpenSSH, and as I now know that my issue has NOTHING to do with OpenSSH, I would like to
stop here, not wasting anyone's time.

Thanks to Vincenco's FTP hint I've now tested with a Debian based "rescue live system" instead of my OpenSuse based VPS,
on server side, offered by my VPS's hosting company. And on the client side with my Android smartphone and the (FOSS)
"Ghost Commander" instead of my OpenSuse box at home. To be sure that my issue has also nothing to do with OpenSuse, as my
preferred Linux flavor.

And in fact it has nothing to do with either OpenSSH or OpenSuse....

Thanks again,
Michael