question about contributing patches

Markus markus at blueflash.cc
Fri Nov 30 01:15:41 AEDT 2018

Hello Everybody.

I'm wondering about the proper process of contributing code.

E.g. I have a small patch that would address a small memory
leak (an end of session memory leak, so it is rather
inconsequential).

The problem is easy to spot, the fix is just two lines of code,
all IMO very obvious.

So should I first report a bug in bugzilla or just send a diff
to this list?

I'm sorry if the question is answered in a FAQ, I did check
if the process is described somewhere but could not find it.

I saw mails with old similar patches, but can't figure out
what led to them, e.g.
https://marc.info/?l=openssh-unix-dev&m=148378979902891&w=2

Markus