trying to resurrect discussion about "Cannot signal a process over a channel (rfc 4254, section 6.9)"

Damien Miller djm at mindrot.org
Wed Oct 3 11:21:42 AEST 2018

On Thu, 30 Aug 2018, Yonathan Bleyfuesz wrote:

> Hi,
>
> So that you know, I did a pull request on the OpenSSH-portable GitHub
> to avoid this discussion to fall into oblivion.

FYI:

commit cd98925c6405e972dc9f211afc7e75e838abe81c
Author: djm at openbsd.org <djm at openbsd.org>
Date:   Tue Oct 2 12:40:07 2018 +0000

    upstream: Add server support for signalling sessions via the SSH

    channel/ session protocol. Signalling is only supported to sesssions that are
    not subsystems and were not started with a forced command.

    Long requested in bz#1424

    Based on a patch from markus@ and reworked by dtucker@;
    ok markus@ dtucker@

    OpenBSD-Commit-ID: 4bea826f575862eaac569c4bedd1056a268be1c3