{DKIM Fail} Re: sftp fails when run from cron

Nico Kadel-Garcia nkadel at gmail.com
Wed Sep 19 10:34:43 AEST 2018

On Tue, Sep 18, 2018 at 1:49 PM James Moe <jimoe at sohnen-moe.com> wrote:

> On 9/14/18 5:07 AM, Darren Tucker wrote:
>
> >>   Is there a recommended way to provide the decryption passphrase?
> >
> > it's possible but tricky by writing a custom SSH_ASKPASS program, but
> > that doesn't buy you much over having the key unencrypted (ie both the
> > key and the passphrase needed to decrypt it have to readable by your
> > user).
> >
>   I decided it is no burden to manually run the script.

There is an old, and stable, tool called "keypass". It's a perl script
used to activate an ssh-agent and load a copy of its generated
environment variables into a file that can be "sourced", typicall
$HOME/.keypass/$HOSTNAME.sh I've found it quite useful to pre-load an
ssh-agent for later use by a particular application, especially if I
wanted to have to reload the ssh-agent for cron or other automated
operation.