Call for testing: OpenSSH 8.0

Damien Miller djm at mindrot.org
Wed Apr 3 09:43:20 AEDT 2019

On Wed, 3 Apr 2019, Adam Eijdenberg wrote:

> > From: Damien Miller <djm at mindrot.org>
> > Thanks for testing - are you able to see if there's anything in
> > the server logs?
>
> Hi Damien,
>
> I've been able to reproduce being unable to successfully connect to
> EC2 instances launched with either Amazon Linux 2 AMI (HVM) or Amazon
> Linux AMI 2018.03.0 (HVM) images (which are the first two options you
> see when launching an instance via their "Launch instance..." wizard).

This is deeply weird, especially the lack of further output from the
server. A couple more questions:

Does this only happen with Amazon as the destination?

Is there anything in dmesg indicating a sandbox violation?

Could you try turning off IPQoS setting (ssh -oIPQoS=none ...) and seeing
whether that makes any difference?

Was it working with OpenSSH 7.9? If none of the above yield any clues,
then could I ask you to try and git bisect the last good version and
git HEAD to see where it broke.

Thanks again for your patience,
Damien