Call for testing: OpenSSH 8.0 (Solaris 10 fail)

Wieland, Jeffrey J. wieland at purdue.edu
Wed Apr 3 13:41:26 AEDT 2019

Darren Tucker wrote:
> On Tue, 2 Apr 2019 at 06:52, Wieland, Jeffrey J. <wieland at purdue.edu> wrote:
>> On SPARC Solaris 10, using Solaris Studio 12.2,
>> make tests fails with:
>>
>> ssh-add did not fail for nobody: 1 < 2
>> failed disallow agent attach from other uid
>> *** Error code 1
> Did you run the test with SUDO=sudo?  It's required to make the agent
> setgid which is required for this test to work,  If SUDO isn't set
> then the test should be skipped, but that might have not happened for
> some reason.  Alternatively, are you running the tests on a filesystem
> mounted nosuid?
>
> FWIW this test does pass on my Solaris 10 VM:
> https://tinderbox.dtucker.net/cgi-bin/gunzip.cgi?tree=OpenSSH_Portable&full-log=1554194787.8283#1940
>
> --
> Darren Tucker (dtucker at dtucker.net)
> GPG key 11EAA6FA / A86E 3E07 5B19 5880 E860  37F4 9357 ECEF 11EA A6FA (new)
>      Good judgement comes with experience. Unfortunately, the experience
> usually comes from bad judgement.

Yes, I have SUDO=sudo set, and no, the filesystem isn't mounted
nosuid.  It is a ZFS filesystem, but that hasn't been a problem
in the past.  Also sudo is definitely in the search path.

I'm rerunning things just to make sure.

--
Jeff Wieland, UNIX/Network Systems Administrator
Purdue University IT Infrastructure Services UNIX Platforms