Call for testing: OpenSSH 8.0

Jakub Jelen jjelen at redhat.com
Tue Apr 9 20:46:01 AEST 2019

On Fri, 2019-03-29 at 12:29 +0100, Jakub Jelen wrote:
> On Wed, 2019-03-27 at 22:00 +1100, Damien Miller wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > OpenSSH 8.0p1 is almost ready for release, so we would appreciate
> > testing
> > on as many platforms and systems as possible.
> >
> > Snapshot releases for portable OpenSSH are available from
> > http://www.mindrot.org/openssh_snap/
> >
> > The OpenBSD version is available in CVS HEAD:
> > http://www.openbsd.org/anoncvs.html
> >
> > Portable OpenSSH is also available via git using the
> > instructions at http://www.openssh.com/portable.html#cvs
> > At https://anongit.mindrot.org/openssh.git/ or via a mirror at
> > Github:
> > https://github.com/openssh/openssh-portable
> >
> > Running the regression tests supplied with Portable OpenSSH does
> > not
> > require installation and is a simply:
> >
> > $ ./configure && make tests
>
> For now, I have only one comment, but I plan to run more tests in our
> environment.

I was unable to build the seccomp filter debug routine, which is
probably a change in the recent Llinux kernel rather than in OpenSSH.
Skipping the include of asm/siginfo.h workarounds the problem (but
might fail with older kernels?). Other solution is to track more
defines to workaround the problem.

Regards,
--
Jakub Jelen