ssh-agent and certificates

Jakob Schürz wertstoffe at schuerz.at
Thu Aug 29 06:17:04 AEST 2019

Hi there!

I'm new to this list, and i hope, it's the right place for my
feature-wish...

I installed an user and host-ca for my openssh, signed all my pubkeys
for all hosts and users and so own, did all, what's to do for
certificate-based authentication with openssh.

Great feature! Thank you for that.

But then i told it my boss, that it could be a good, a very good thing
for our company, because we have really high secure data on our servers...

He asked me, if certificate-based authentication works with ssh-agent
and jumphosts... so i could not find anything till now in the internet.
I fiddled around with my testingservers, but i could not get it work,
authenticating on a server via a jumphost and ssh-agent forwarding to
another server.

Is this already posible? And how do I have to do this? What's the right
configuration? Can I user ProxyCommand with certificates?

thank you

Jakob

--
lore ipsum