Settable minimum RSA key sizes on the client end for legacy devices.

Philipp Marek philipp at marek.priv.at
Fri Dec 27 01:08:49 AEDT 2019

>> I'd rather not dredge up a big fight, but I _would_ like to express a
>> desire for some form of overriding the minimum key size.
>
> This can be done by recompiling if necessary. This restriction has been
> a pain for me at times but honestly I think it's for the best that it's
> been done.

I may be alone with that opinion, but for such things I've always hoped
for a global _variable_ whose location is available as a dynamic symbol
in the ELF - so instead of getting all the sources (and all their
dependencies, resp. the headers etc.) and reconfiguring (with all
required research to get the right options) and recompiling, a 1-minute
session with a hex editor to patch the 2 bytes would be enough...

Yeah, some distributions make recompilation much easier (Debian has
"apt-get source") - but still it's much more work than switching a few
bytes.