Settable minimum RSA key sizes on the client end for legacy devices.

Blumenthal, Uri - 0553 - MITLL uri at ll.mit.edu
Fri Dec 27 08:19:41 AEDT 2019

I fully agree with Steve here, and dislike developers' attitude of "We know what's good for you, and since you don't/can't have a clue - we won't trust you with decisions".

Minimal key size should have a "reasonable" default, and an explicit config parameter to override it and set to whatever value that *specific* installation needs. There's no way  the developers can know or evaluate every possible use case or related threat model - so they shouldn't behave as if they do...

Regards,
Uri